A listing of sites with topics of interest to researchers of the US Army Noncommissioned Officer.
- NCO Journal Archives - Archive of online NCO Journals from 1997-2003.
- May 20, 1958: Making of the Supergrades Andy Stephens
- US Army Symbols & Insignia page
- Public STINET (Scientific and Technical Information Network) It provides access to citations of unclassified unlimited documents that have been entered into DTIC's Technical Reports Collection, as well as the electronic full-text of many of these documents. Public STINET also provides access to the Air University Library Index to Military Periodicals, Staff College Automated Military Periodical Index, DoD Index to Specifications and Standards, and Research and Development Descriptive Summaries.
- Cold War Veterans Association
- Research and History links, AWC
- Tools for Historians Air War College links for Historians
- Vietnam The National Archives online documents relating to the Vietnam conflict. Good site for source material.
- Sgt Maj Academy Learning Resource Center search (USASMA) The first stop for researchers looking for subjects and research material.
- Department of the Army Historical Summaries (1969-1996) (CMH) This series of manuals tracks the significant events of the US Army for each year and is part of the comprehensive History program. Great background information and many have a chapter devoted to Enlisted activities.
- Pentagon Library A good resource for online documents and access to some of their holdings, including outdated regulations.
- Historical Resources Branch, US Army Center of Military History, Historical Resources Collection: Part II The US Army Center of Military History established this collection in 1984 when it closed the original Historical Resources Collection (dating back to 1920 as part of the holdings of the Historical Division, Army War College) and tendered the initial proffer to the National Archives and Records Administration. That proffer froze the existing collection even though it remains in the custody of the Center until such time as no longer needed by the Center's employees and required the establishment of a second collection to accession new materials.
- Army History Sites (Army Historical Foundation)
- Books Online A mega site of FREE online books to read only by clicking. A treasure trove of stories and articles.
- Project Gutenburg, 18,000 free books ready to download.
- CALL Dictionary and Thesaurus
- CMH Library Catalog (Center of Military History)
- Air University Index of Periodicals (AULIMP)
- National Archival & Records Administration (NARA)
- Unit Historical Bibliographies (USMHI)
- Geneology Military Records from major US wars
- Military History Research
- Library of Congress
- Research Tools Library of Congress)
- Defense Virtual Library (DTIC)
- Research Site (Army Historical Foundation)
- Combined Arms Research Library (CARL-CGSC)
- Virginia Military Institute Archives (VMI)
- Military Research Site (Duane)
- US Army Lineage and Honors Site (CMH)
- Army Resources on the Net (Ed Burgess)
- Military Casualty Information (OSD)
- Military Personnel Statistics (OSD)
- Index of Operational and Code Names
- Army Research Institute
- Air Force Heritage Research Institute (USAF, Maxwell AFB)
- Demographics on Awards Issued since Cold War (HRC)
- REVISED REGULATIONS for the ARMY OF THE UNITED STATES, 1861
Regulations For The Army Of The United States. 1857. New York: Harper & Brothers, Publishers, 1857. xxvi. 457. 21 Page Appendix (Articles of War).
- CATS: Search MHI and AWC Library (Carlisle Barracks)
- Center for Army Lessons Learned (CALL)
- Catalog of Electronic Journals (E-Journal)
- Government Printing Office Database (GPO)
- Government Information Locator Service (GILS)
- Catalog of US Government Publications (GPO)
- National Personnel Records Center (NARA)
- Military Quotes
- AR 600-20 - Current and past editions of Army Command Policy
- AR 670-5, Uniform and Insignia, Male Personnel, 28 Sep 1959
- Army Logistics Library
- Army Management Staff College
- Army Transportation and Aviation Logistics Library
- Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine (CHPPM)
- Army Aviation Center
- Army Infantry School
- Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Army Technical Center for Explosives Safety,
- Redstone Scientific Information Center